Sunday, August 31, 2008

MacDaddy Provincials and What I LEARNED


Well, summer has finally come to an end and for ONE day we will relax. It was a very cool and rainy summer. I feel a little cheated... School starts on Tuesday. A-mac has try outs Tuesday night. MacDaddy has tryouts next Sunday and Monday. This past weekend was all about MacDaddy. He just finished his provincial tournament. The Oakville A's AA Rookieball Rep team finished 3rd in the province.










I suspect if at the beginning of the season you would have asked anyone where the A's would finish, they would not have guessed 3rd. Each individual worked hard at being the best they could be and really came together as a team. The whole family attended and cheered on MacDaddy and the A's. The provincial games were hosted by Richmond Hill, a town north of Toronto. MacDaddy played a total of 5 games... one Friday night, two games on Saturday and two games on Sunday.


MacDaddy did very well. He got on base almost everytime. He batted and scored a lot runs. His best at bats were his last two times up where he stretched a single into a double with a great slide at second.




I have learned a lot this year. I learned that even between games the team is not too busy to get their face painted... especially with the symbol "A's".









I have learned that if you bring a firetruck to the ballpark and the team has time between games, they will definitely want to talk to the firemen and sit in the firetruck.










I have learned that win, or loose, kids want to go to the park after the game.







I have learned that even a Rookieball game can be on the 6pm News (CityTV News). MacDaddy had 5 seconds of air time, but he was still really excited to watch and see himself on TV... I assume the other 5 million people in Toronto were watching the same newscast.





I definately learned the most important thing this past baseball season... When I asked my 7 year son, MacDaddy, if he had "fun" playing ball this year... he said "yes" -and that is what it is all about...FUN!

No comments: