Sunday, April 1, 2012

... at the weekend tournament

I do think the interaction pitching for a team as a "pick-up" player is challenging.  It is a great learning experience for Maddie, just like the "real world".

Things I enjoy hearing watching Maddie on a temp team.

  1. "You have a great kid"
  2. "Sweet swingin' Maddie"
  3. "She can play on our team anytime she wants"
  4. "Are you guys on this team?"
  5. "Do you have a permanent team?"
I also think it is good for another coach to call Maddie's pitches.  They tend to pitch less fastballs, and no change-ups...  each first change-up that Maddie throws is "bad"....  it is a touch pitch and other coaches don't have the history or patience with the pitch, even though I think it is one of her better pitches...  be open minded, maybe they see something I don't....


No comments: