Sunday, May 31, 2009

Lil Lefty HOME RUN OVER the FENCE

Sunday morning in Halton Hills... We woke up at 5:45am to get to the field by 7am in order to finish the game that was postponed by rain from last night. After an inning and a half played the previous night in the rain ,our team, the Mississauga Tigers, were loosing 1-0. It is high 40's this morning and usually 10 year olds aren't great in the early morning. I am concerned we may have problems scoring. If we do not score, we do not get to the elimination round and we go home.

Lil' Lefty, batting 4th, is up first in the bottom of the 2nd inning, the first Tiger to bat. I usually stand close to home in order to get a good view and socialize with parents (no laughing). This morning I thought Lil' Lefty would hit a home run and decided to video her hitting from down the right field line.

Lil' Lefty has fouled off the first two pitches. The first pitch was a "respect" change-up. The count is 0-2. I am standing between cars and the fence taking the video. Listen at second "5" and you can hear the ball hit the roof of a car. It left a good dent. The owner was a coach on the opposing team.

The video would be 100 times better if I could work the zoom of the camera. I fumble around trying to video and enjoy the original event. I will be the first to admit it is me laughing... I could not believe I was able to get Lil' Lefty's FIRST over the fence HR on video. What are the odds?



On Saturday, Lil' Lefty, A-Mac and I hit tennis balls into a screen between games. I was showing Lil' Lefty a couple ideas to improve the explosion and extension in her swing. It looks like she listened. Now just need to calm her happy feet. Way to go Lil Lefty!

No comments: