Saturday, June 13, 2009

I Saw Lil Lefty Throw Nine Pitches

A-Mac and Lil' Lefty are both playing in the Guelph Tournament, but their age divisions play at different fields. I was able to get to Lil' Lefty's team just long enough to cook hit dogs at the picnic organized by MacMom. I spent most of Saturday with A-Mac. Once A-Mac's game ended around 8pm, we hurried to catch the end of Lil' Lefty's game. She pitched the first game Friday night and now the last game on Saturday.



When we arrived at the field, it was the bottom of the 5th inning and the Tigers were loosing 3-1. Our Tigers scored 4 runs in the top of the sixth to go up 5 - 3. Lil' Lefty had been pitching the entire game. I grabbed a glove and had Lil' Lefty throw to me before going back out for the bottom of the 6th inning. Hold them and we win.

Lil' Lefty threw NINE pitches. ALL strikes! She struck out the side and the Tigers won, completing a 4-0 pool portion of the tournament.

I only saw nine pitches. Three outs... three strike outs...

The Tigers earned an important bye and will be back for a 2pm semi-final game on Sunday.

No comments: