Friday, November 20, 2009

Lil Lefty Winter Pitching Practice

Lil Lefty (and I) had pitching-catching practice last night. I put together the first 8 week practice plan and run the practices with the objective to become better pitchers (not just throwers). We are working on communication between the pitchers and catchers, framing, pitcher's counts and signals. I have enjoyed being a part of the process and think they will have learned something by the end.

In past winter gym sessions I had noticed that the girls pitched from a flat floor. I put together these mats (one for each girls) that have a wooden pitching rubber attached with shoes laces. The girls are able to "push off" and use their proper footwork as if pitching in a game. I saw something similar on EBAY for $299.

No comments: